[15mm] US army WW2

Share your last work
larmlabel

Re: [15mm] US army WW2

Postby larmlabel » Fri Jul 22, 2016 8:43 pm

Yes Ruben I have. It is very different how I work sometimes. This is more for playing and therefore i tend to think about where and when the game set place (Like Italy, France or maybe Germany and so on). And I also try to do it kind of Dark and real with a twist of fantasy/drama. So I do not paint 100% pure realistic. Cause it is a game and it should be fun. Hard to explain, but something between the 10 year old "Per as a boy =Per My real name" and Per who is 42 year old and think more realistic.

Therefor I try to keep the kind of "fantasy/drama" a bit down sometimes, so it is not to much and then try a more realistic approach.

Bla bla bla haha. But yes i have done highlights and edge highlights and so one with brush before weathering. And I also do a lot of modulation before. Sometimes I maybe use the airbrush for 30 min. and work with brush just after for 1-2 hours :) And then I do weathering with airbrush, oils and stuff. And I think "why did i use so much time on highligting stuff that i fuck up with filters and stuff hehehe"

But I allways try to lean. So thx a lot for all the feedback. it mean so much to me!!!!!!!!

larmlabel

Postby larmlabel » Fri Jul 22, 2016 9:19 pm

drjohnosterman oh sorry I forgot. But here it is.

All colors are Vallejo (Model color)
Armor Brown is Vallejo Model air

Jacket:
Brown violet
Dark sea blue wash (Dark sea blue 1x10 water)
Dark sea blue shade only dark places under the arms and so on (Dark sea blue 1x5 water)
Brown violet + khaki 2x2
brown violet + khaki 1x3
Khaki

Trousers:
Armor Brown (VMA)
Armor brown + Dark sea blue glaze/wash
Then Dark sea blue as dark shade
Armor Brown + Us field drap more and more

I tend to use the "wet in wet" technic a lot. I can write more about it sometimes or a step by step. Just short is it like this

Trousers:
1. Paint base with armor brown
2. I dilute armor brown a bit more and also dilute the highlight color as here is US Field Drab (or start with armor brown+Us Field drab 1x1. And also just a clean US Field Drab. So you have 3 colors ready.
3. I paint again a wet armor brown on the trousers. Fast i take my highlight color and put it on BEFORE it is dry.
4. I blend colors in plade fast when both colors are wet.
5. I do it again. Maybe with more lighter highligts. Sometimes I use all 3 "dilutet colors" in one go. Really fast. And then clean up.

This act as a base or sketch. I still work a bit normal and clean up shade and highligts. But not much on these 15mm.

I can try an be a bit more informative If you like later on :)
But you can also just do it like "normal-layering" as base, shade, Highligts. I do that all the time also. I just like wet in wet to speed up batch paint and also just like to work like that.

larmlabel

Postby larmlabel » Tue Dec 20, 2016 8:05 pm

Wip - :lol:

Heresy
Site Admin

Postby Heresy » Wed Jan 18, 2017 1:09 pm

:O :O Stunning work! :)

What is the brownish line / stain on the side? Camo?

On the other hand, do you plan to add some stowage? It is always nice to add it because it increases the points of interest on the vehicle and reduced the monotony.

larmlabel

Postby larmlabel » Sat Jan 28, 2017 9:52 am

Sorry for late answer. To much work :(

The brownish color is stain or the start of it. It is not finish.

But very short then in my painting im starting to use the airbrush a bit more. Normally i use airbrush as a tool where i lay down some colors and then the "magic" with brush. Hard to explain but I began to use airbrush between now also. And sometimes also in the end of painting project. So I can to shadows and so on very late. Or lights and so on.

This pieces is also not done. So there will be more. It is not my "tank", but one i got for painting others stuff. So i need to search for some stowage :) :lol:

larmlabel

Postby larmlabel » Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:05 pm

At last more done.

I do not think I need to write what type the tank is :D :lol: :roll:

For a large Chain of Command game. And also for my private "TANKS" army.

There is no oils and stuff on this one. Just Vallejo model Color. Try to cut down on "spirits" cause I paint in our bed room now :lol: :D
But I think it works. Yes it takes a bit more time and use of airbrush and blendings. But at the same time it is nice just to work just with water :roll: :oops:

Next up is 1000000 Shermans :D

Heresy
Site Admin

Postby Heresy » Sun Jul 30, 2017 4:05 pm

Hi!

Very nice job. I love the dust effect you have done on the mud guards; and the weathering in general.

What about the stowage!!! I think you can add a little bit more of charisma to the vehicle by adding some small details such as blankets, bags, ammo crates, etc. Anything goes :P

larmlabel

Postby larmlabel » Mon Jul 31, 2017 1:35 pm

Thx man

Im starting to get a good grip on the 15mm models i think :D and hope haha. :shock:

Storage is something I will put on all of my army in generel. Did not think to use it to much on the Pershing. Wantet a more clean look. Cause “the new super tanks on the battlefield” kind of way. But at the sametime I think I have it as you do, that it miss something.

I did look on a lot of photos from books and google. A lot of them had nearly only "spare tracks" as I also added the one I paintet. Some have a lot of storage offcause. But It did seem that a lot did not. Maybe Im wrong haha :oops:

Anyway I think about putting more on. But think I will do it on more tanks at the same time later on.

Return to “Gallery”