First 28mm WW2 German

Share your last work
comdotski

First 28mm WW2 German

Postby comdotski » Wed Jun 07, 2017 1:32 pm

Alongside the building in the post I just updated in the Terrain board, is a test figure I painted.

It is a Warlord Games 28mm German Heer. The start of a platoon of these for Chain of Command.

It's not a great photo of the figure, so here are a couple more of the trio of test figures.

Hope you like them! Please feel free to comment.

Nagash

Re: First 28mm WW2 German

Postby Nagash » Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:06 am

Hi

Great paintjob!! i like the contrast between colours (helmet, uniform, boots, etc). One question, what will you do with the bases?

Cheers

comdotski

Postby comdotski » Fri Jun 30, 2017 5:39 am

Nagash wrote:Great paintjob!! i like the contrast between colours (helmet, uniform, boots, etc). One question, what will you do with the bases? Cheers

Thanks Nagash. I think that contrast is important - it really helps pick out the figures when they finally get to the table top! As for the bases, rest-assured they are not 'finished'! I'm not sure as yet what I will do. At this stage leaning towards some tufts and static grass, nothing too special. Do you have any suggestions?

larmlabel

Postby larmlabel » Sat Jul 08, 2017 5:57 am

Very cool and i play chain of command myself (just 15mm)

About the bases just keep in mind it is for gaming and also that you Can use it for different settings. And also try not to do every base the same. Some dirt, some with dirt and grass. Some only grass. And so on. Put a Stone here and there. A flowet. And so on. But ofcause keep the same colors for the Ground dirt and grass. Mudd or whatever.

Vallejo. Ammy by mig and other do sell texture Paints. Very easy to use. And they get a bit more texture than just glue and sand as people allways do. I use also just glue and sand sometimes :) but try to check put texture Paints.

larmlabel

Postby larmlabel » Sat Jul 08, 2017 6:07 am

This is vallejo texture, pigments from scale75 and grass from army painter.

So as you Can see it is a bit more organic than just glue and fine sand.

Heresy
Site Admin

Postby Heresy » Sun Jul 30, 2017 3:42 pm

Hi,

Very nice work, both with the Germans and with that ogre!

Regarding the bases, I totally agree with using texture + pigments. Glued sand is OK, but it is not very realistic, specially when talking about 15mm. Instead, texture paints + pigments confer a much more realistic effect. In my case, lately I like using real mud soil (dry, of course). I mean this:

Return to “Gallery”