Vehicles (various scales) - lots of pictures, sorry :(

Share your last work
sgr

Vehicles (various scales) - lots of pictures, sorry :(

Postby sgr » Sun Feb 26, 2017 2:55 pm

Hi everybody :). I think I'm ready to show some of my recent works - a little bit of everything, but vehicles only, I need to practice with infantry (going to paint mostly infantry this year). To be honest I'm quite happy with results, but please be harsh and honest if you see any flaws and mistakes.

15mm miniatures - very late war German Panthers. Plastic soldier Miniatures plastic models:

15mm Battlefront Puma's:

15mm Battlefront T-34/85 with captured schurzen/thoma schurzen:

For fun (as I'm 15mm player) I've done 28mm Bolt Action models as well:

And - last but not least - 40k Imperial Guard tank - painted with the same effects and techniques I use on 15mm miniatures, just to check final effect on much bigger model:

boomer

Re: Vehicles (various scales) - lots of pictures, sorry :(

Postby boomer » Thu Mar 02, 2017 10:22 am

Hi, I love your paintings and the conversions. How did you do these skirts on the t34s?

Only one thing that goes through my mind is that the contrast due to color modulation for the dunkelgelb sometimes seems a little harsh. Are these three color or just two color steps in brightness?

But great work, you inspire my a lot :)

sgr

Postby sgr » Thu Mar 02, 2017 11:23 am

I'm using 3 colours for Dunkelgelb, but I was going to put some tree branches/stowage on that Puma's to kill that contrast a little bit. Unfortunately hadn't got enough time before Corrivalry (I painted them for that tournament).

That conversion is very easy tbh :) - you need:

plastic brush to attach schurzen to the tank (it's made from soft plastic, easy to cut, thin and stiff enough, metal rod is maybe more "professional" ;), but it's difficult to cut metal into 2,5mm long pieces with flat ends):
metal rod as a frame for schurzen:
brass mesh (I've used 2 different ones - very fine one for Schurzen and fine for bedsprings):
and a little bit of very thin plastic card to do frames for bed springs. Of course some plastic schurzen as well. Everything costed me about 10 pounds, maybe less.

jfariahitech

Postby jfariahitech » Thu Mar 02, 2017 12:58 pm

Superb work!

Heresy
Site Admin

Postby Heresy » Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:25 pm

Hi,

First of all, lovely work...very very nice!!! I love specially the Panthers. All of them are unique with their different camos. I love that platoon.

I also think that the contrast in the dunkelgelb-painted vehicles is a bit too much striking. I would rather avoid the last color of the set (instead you can mix the middle color with a bit of white). Or you can apply a brownish/yellowish filter afterward in order to recover the original color, either with an enamel (AMMO have several ready-to-use filters, for example) or with very thinned paint.

Regards and looking forward to seeing more of your works!

sgr

Postby sgr » Sat Mar 25, 2017 4:05 pm

Thank you very much. I'm working on my Iron Cross entries atm (and that's top secret, because I have to beat team Finland ;) ), but I'm going to paint IS2 platoon as well, so finger crossed, I'll try to post something in few weeks/months.

sgr

Postby sgr » Tue May 16, 2017 6:58 pm

I've finished first tanks for my new soviet army. Six Su-85, one T34/85 and five IS-2 tanks. Please notice five small stars on SU-85 no 57 - each star for one destroyed German kitten, Comrade Stalin send decoration by himself ;). I like the results tbh, but Plastic Soldier company makes great tanks but not so great tank commanders - I have to replace 2 figures on IS2 tank, they look strange and lack any details. BF soldiers are way better. Other of that, I'm very happy with result. Mig Ammo paints for airbrush, Valejo for brush, Mig Ammo Filters/washes, Mig/Vallejo pigments, Revell matt varnish.

SUs (2 platoons of 3 tanks + HQ T34/85 with yellow/red star and slogan):

IS2 platoon:

Whole army so far (still a lot to paint):

Keith

Postby Keith » Fri Jun 16, 2017 7:38 pm

Wow, loving these.

Johnnieglolf

образец опроса адвокатом свидетеля по уголовному делу

Postby Johnnieglolf » Wed Jun 21, 2017 9:37 pm

когда подавать документы на вычет за квартиру

сумма всех натуральных решений неравенства